We Effect is recruiting a Country Representative in Zimbabwe
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish Cooperative Movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations, and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se.
We Effect is now recruiting a Country Representative. The Country Representative is responsible for all staff and operations in Zimbabwe and is part of the Southern Africa Regional Management Group. The position is located in the Zimbabwe Country Office in Harare.
We Effect Southern Africa consists of four countries with programmes in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Malawi.
The Zimbabwe Country Office employs 18 staff and runs a country programme and projects within the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. The programme and projects are implemented through eight (8) local partner organisations. The 2020 budget is approx. 7 million USD.
As Country Representative you will be responsible for ensuring that We Effect develops and delivers the highest possible quality in its operations in Zimbabwe. The priorities are also to ensure that We Effect and its partner organisations comply to grant agreements, We Effect policies, strategies, and quality requirements, and to improve cost-efficiency.
We Effect in Southern Africa is organised in a team structure where active participation through the exchange of experience, continuous dialogue and creation of synergies is stimulated.As a member of the Regional Management Team, the Country Representatives shall actively contribute to the work and goals of the management teams.
You have several years of management experience within a civil society context of international development cooperation. You are a feminist with an excellent understanding of development cooperation in both its theory and practice and you are firmly rooted in the rights-based approach.
As a leader, you are mature and value-based, with the commitment, experience, and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles. As Country Representative you must have excellent ability to organise, plan, prioritise and communicate your work. You share We Effect’s vision of a sustainable and just world for all, free from poverty.
- Bacholor’s degree in Development Studies, Economics, Sociology or other relevant fields.
- At least five years of experience working in civil society organisations and international development cooperation, including organisational development and advocacy.
- At least five years of experience working in a management position within development cooperation (preferably as head of an office).
- Proven experience from planning, implementation, follow-up, and reporting of development cooperation programs/projects.
- Good understanding of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation.
- Good theoretical understanding and experience in the the application of the rights-based approach, civil society development cooperation and gender equality.
- Excellent skills in financial management and budget analysis.
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, implementation, and follow-up.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Experience from cooperative development work.
- Knowledge of Swedish and Portuguese
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impactpool no later than 30th June 2020 Your application documents must be in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the recruitment process.
The position is open for all applicants with a valid work permit in Zimbabwe. The employment contract is for two years (with the possibility of prolongation) and begins with a six months probationary period. Start date in December 2020.
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome all applicants.
For more information
Maria Taddesse, Regional Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Linn Malmborg, HR Coordinator, email@example.com
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.