Tracking Code: 10134
Through the Digital Square mechanism, PMI is funding a rapid ecosystem assessment of community and malaria digital health systems and their enabling environment in 27 PMI priority countries. They are also funding a prioritization of needs and opportunities.
The Country Systems Advisor will have a range of responsibilities to advance and complete the rapid ecosystem assessment and prioritization. The Country Systems Advisor will work in tandem with the Regional Digital Health Advisor for their region as well as the Digital Square research team.
A Country Systems Advisor is needed for each of the following countries. Interested consultants may submit their CVs for all countries for which they meet the requirements.
Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Thailand.
The overall timeline for this body of work is September – December 31, 2020.
Activities and SOW
Objective 1: Rapid ecosystem assessment
The questions to be considered are included below in Appendix A. This country-level, mixed methods assessment will involve secondary and primary research in the countries in the list above. The grey literature review, methodology, and survey instruments referenced below will be provided by Digital Square.
Critical activities to be conducted for this workstream will include:
- Reviewing the community digital health for malaria grey literature review for the advisor’s relevant country; determining gaps, identifying and providing an analysis of additional sources, and ensuring completeness.
- Working with PMI in-country staff and National Malaria Control Programs to identify key stakeholders for surveys, focus groups, and key informant interviews in the selected countries
- Servings as the primary point of contact for in-country survey administration for the identified stakeholders and snowball samples.
- Using survey data and the grey literature review, contribute to the documentation and validation of the country digital health landscape.
- Conducting focus groups for validation of the digital health landscape in partnership with Regional Digital Health Advisors.
- When needed, documenting the digital health architecture of selected countries in partnership with Regional Digital Health Advisors.
- Conducting key informant interviews to validate the digital health landscape in the selected countries in partnership with Regional Digital Health Advisors.
- Delivering of all data from surveys, key informant interviews, and focus group discussions in a legible report as well as all source data – including but not limited to interview recordings, paper/digital surveys, recorded focus group discussions, and notes.
- Contributing to the synthesis of findings from survey, focus groups, and key informant interviews.
Objective 2: Digital Health Needs/Opportunities Prioritization
This country-level prioritization will involve focus groups and workshops to identify key stakeholders’ priorities for enabling digital community health for malaria. Using a pre-determined methodology (provided by Digital Square), it will use the outputs from Objective 1 in the critical activities.
Critical activities will be conducted in partnership with the Regional Digital Health Advisors and will include:
- Working with PMI in-country staff and National Malaria Control Programs to identify key stakeholders for prioritization workshops
- Planning the workshop in collaboration with key stakeholders and Digital Square
- Conducting virtual workshop(s) to facilitate the articulation of needs, opportunities, and priorities against an ideal-state malaria-enabling digital health architecture and define critical routine malaria data and service delivery priorities where enabling digital tools and supporting systems might be pursued to increase impact
- Documenting needs and opportunities
- Conducting key informant interviews for validation and further probing of information elucidated by the workshop
- Delivery of all data from surveys, KIIs, focus group discussions in a legible report as well as all source data – including but not limited to interview recordings, paper/digital surveys, recorded focus group discussions, and notes.
Country Systems Advisor desired skills and qualifications
- Strong background, knowledge, and experience in community health and/or malaria in-country
- Experience in gathering/user research with stakeholders across all levels of the health system
- Experience with PMI and/or USAID a plus
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in focus group facilitation, key informant interviews, and other qualitative research methods
- Strong data and knowledge management skills
- Ability to be self-directed and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to conduct work in English and relevant local languages
- Knowledge and experience of digital health systems and taxonomy a plus
Related Jobs (8)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer
Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Specialist- DREAMS on October 27, 2020 Full Time