Business Unit: Credit
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Vacancy Manager: Corporate Credit Manager
Purpose of the job
The role entails managing the credit granting process ensuring that proper credit assessment is carried out and monitoring of the credit portfolio to minimize the level of non-performing loans.
Main Focus Areas
- Review credit applications prepared by Business Units to ensure adherence to Bank policies and assisting with ideal loan
structures for clients.
- Assess Credit worthiness of client companies.
- Scheduling Credit committee meetings timeously to ensure shortest possible turnaround time
- Accompany ARM to client visits where necessary.
- Preparation of minutes, documenting and communicating Committee decisions to relevant stakeholders.
- Collecting and reviewing credit committee resolutions in line with committee approvals and ensuring that all credit committee decisions are properly documented and resolution files maintained.
- Monitoring of performing and watch list clients.
- Stress testing Corporate Banking portfolio on a quarterly basis and recommending relationship strategy to Account Relationship Managers and Relationship Officers based on stress test findings.
- Managing the Credit approval process.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics or closely related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a financial institution with substantial exposure to credit risk management, particularly for the corporate clients.
- Work experience as a corporate credit analyst
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements
- An orderly and well organized approach to the job, with high attention to detail.
- An independent thinker who is able to form a credit view given limited information.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to engage with colleagues at a senior level.
- Attention to detail.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Credit Analyst” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
Closing date: 31 July 2020 @ 1630hrs
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.