As Credit and Quantitative Risk Officer for the Central Africa Building Society (CABS), you will be accountable for assisting the Business Unit (BU) in establishing and embedding a risk culture as well as ensuring that risk processes are implemented at BU level.
Key Result Areas
- Coordinates reviews of credit risk policies.
- Validates off-the-shelf credit models.
- Develops risk models for economic capital modelling and other modelling requirements, introduces stress testing models for credit, market, liquidity and operational risk.
- Monitors implementation of policies and adherence to risk appetite limits such as the Earnings at Risk.
- Manages credit risk inherent in the credit portfolio.
Key Required Experience, Qualification and Skills
- A first degree in quantitative analysis (Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Science).
- At least 2 (two) years in credit risk management and quantitative risk modelling, and stress testing in a financial institution.
- Quantitative analytical skills, financial modelling skills, Knowledge of BASEL II and III, and IFRS 9 requirements, a must.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Risk Management or related field will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Accurate and thorough
- Organised and able to work under pressure
We are looking for an individual confident in:
Aligning performance for success, Information monitoring, Continuous renewal, Technical knowledge, Decision making, Gaining commitment, Ownership, Initiating action, Business awareness.
Why join us
If you are interested in applying your knowledge to a big picture and to real-world business problems, this position will appeal to you.
Ready to play an integral part in driving the growth of a dynamic, well established and leading Financial Services Group? Then you are ready for Old Mutual.
Closing date: 27 February 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.