Business Unit : Technology Services
Geographical Area : Zimbabwe
Department : Technology Services
Vacancy Manager : Technology Security and Governance Manager
Purpose of the job
To identify and monitor cyber security threats, potential cyber security risks and recommend appropriate measures and controls to mitigate and close identified gaps and weaknesses.
Main Focus Areas
- Provide security monitoring and incident response services required by the Bank, in alignment with Cyber Security’s mission to protect Client’s Digital Assets (including Control Systems) to a level of confidentiality, integrity and availability commensurate with the threat to those assets and their value to the Client.
- Act as internal expert on matters relating to intrusion detection and incident response.
- Lead investigations into network intrusions and other cyber security breaches.
- Provide a coordinated response to complex cyber-attacks that threaten Bank’s assets, intellectual property, and computer systems.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of security monitoring and incident response processes and solutions as required to support our cyber security program.
- Operate security monitoring and incident response toolsets with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Research and recommend solutions for incident response and digital forensics.
- Seek to build in security during the development stages of software systems, networks and data centres.
- Look for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software.
- Build firewalls into network infrastructure.
- Constantly monitoring for attacks and intrusions.
- Closing off the security vulnerability after finding potential threats or attempted breach,
- Identifying the perpetrator and liaising with the police if necessary.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Security certification e.g. CISM/CISSP/CEH
- 3 years’ experience in Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Experience in information security, specifically with penetration testing, intrusion detection, incident response or digital forensics
- Experience coordinating complex response activities with IT services department
- Experience working within a global team setting.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong IT skills and knowledge including hardware, software and networks.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems.
- A forensic approach to challenges.
- A deep understanding of how hackers work and ability to keep up with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld.
- Ability to seek out vulnerabilities in IT infrastructures.
Job Related Knowledge
- Intrusion detection
- Malware analysis and reversing
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Cloud security
- Security analysis.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Cyber Security Specialist”.
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 08 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.
Related Jobs (30)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time