The Data Analyst will be responsible for the quality, integrity and security of the database and entering all data gathered related to the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. TechnoServe’s goal is to equip and empower coffee farmers in Zimbabwe with the skills, knowledge, and motivation necessary to adopt a set of sustainable and productivity-enhancing agronomic practices on their coffee farms, and thereby achieve substantially higher coffee tree yields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements;
- Be able to enter data into and analyse information from M&E systems for use throughout the project lifecycle;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities .
- Responsible for the overall management of attendance forms;
- Work with country and regional management to ensure quality and conformability of attendance forms for program implementation;
- Provide translation service if required and support on training material production;
- Periodically update attendance sheets using Stata and Microsoft Office;
- Coordinate handover of attendance sheets with field teams;
- Help to identify the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
- Proactively seek out data (mainly from field teams) and manage data entry and aggregation for analysis;
- Follow up with field staff for data verification;
- Gather and organize and properly file hard copies of all data gathered;
- Coordinate data entry into Excel templates when necessary;
- Manage attendance data backchecks using Stata and Excel;
- Work with country project team members to analyse data on a regular basis using Stata;
- Ensure quality control and identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Coordinate evaluation surveys from inception to close of operations;
- Recruit and manage the team of data collectors in charge of each survey;
- Develop budgets and workplans for data collection activities;
- Conduct data collection training with support from country and regional teams;
- Provide field supervision and conduct data quality back checks;
- Run data quality audits on Stata;
- Address data inconsistencies with data collection team; Track daily data collection activities; Support with data cleaning and analysis.
- Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data using Stata to identify and communicate lessons-learned and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to country and regional management;
- Work with country and regional management to integrate M&E data into program planning and decision making processes;
- Review, monitor and analyse reports for impact evaluation;
- Support in the production of narrative reports;
- Review that all M&E data is complete and presented in the correct formats for analysis;
- Any other duties assigned by the Coffee Program Manager.
- Degree in Economics or Statistics or related fields with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in managing data;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position with International NGO or development agencies;
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Proficiency in Stata including use of do-files and proficiency transforming and exporting data;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Having conducted field surveys as a team leader;
- Experience setting up and managing large databases using integrated systems;
- Knowledge of ODK platforms for survey development;
- Coding skills in Python and R are a strong plus.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain;
- Team work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results oriented/ High quality deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning / Time management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively. Business acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include
- Computer Literacy
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for your own functional area.
- Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
Applicants will need to share their resume via email to email@example.com
TechnoServe Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 4 September 2020