Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duration: 10 months – Fixed term contract.
Vacancies has arisen within DanChurchAid for Data Analyst based in Harare and Bulawayo (3 positions)
Purpose of the Position.
The Data Analysts will be responsible for data management, cleaning and storage, strictly observing DCA and donor data protection protocols. The incumbent will work closely with the research and programme team, ensuring efficient and effective data management practices are adhered to. The incumbent will work closely with the Research, Programme teams and partner staff. The project the incumbent will be involved is humanitarian in nature, specifically targeting low-income urban and peri-urban domains.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Baseline data entry and cleaning at different levels by reviewing computer reports, print-outs, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets
Knowledge and Skills
- BSC in Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst, preferably in the NGO sector
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages using databases and programming packages
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, STATA etc
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Sharp time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Deadline: 6 March 2020
Related Jobs (11)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time