Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Data Science Specialist which has arisen within the Technology Services Department.
- Build and maintain the big data platform.
- Develop customer products that leverage the big data platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Build a big data platform and ensure it has a 99.9% uptime.
- Extending company data with third party sources of information (e.g. social media platforms, MN0s, retailers etc.) as needed.
- Designing and building relational databases for storage or processing.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for analytic systems.
- Preparing big data, implementing data models and developing database to support business solutions.
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and gathering techniques.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the organization for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Building data models and defining the structure, attribute and nomenclature of data elements.
- Researching of new algorithms, technologies, papers and developments related to data science.
- Designing and developing Big Data driven products.
- Using predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Create dashboards for product and system performance
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Applied Mathematics/Data Science/Statistics/Actuarial Science (Post graduate degree preferable)
- 2 or more years’ experience in advanced data analytics/algorithm development/data science
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, Rapidminer, R, Python or similar analytical tools
- Background in analytics in a telecommunications/financial environment preferable
- Proven track record in advanced algorithm development
- 1 to 2 years’ experience, preferably in the financial services sector
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to email@example.com with the title, Data Science Specialist clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 13 July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.