Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Data Science Specialist which has arisen within the Technology Services Department.
- Build and maintain the big data platform.
- Develop customer products that leverage the big data platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Build a big data platform and ensure it has a 99.9% uptime.
- Extending company data with third party sources of information (e.g. social media platforms, MN0s, retailers etc.) as needed.
- Designing and building relational databases for storage or processing.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for analytic systems.
- Preparing big data, implementing data models and developing database to support business solutions.
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and gathering techniques.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the organization for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Building data models and defining the structure, attribute and nomenclature of data elements.
- Researching of new algorithms, technologies, papers and developments related to data science.
- Designing and developing Big Data driven products.
- Using predictive modelling to increase and optimise customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Create dashboards for product and system performance
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Applied Mathematics/Data Science/Statistics/Actuarial Science (Post graduate degree preferable)
- 2 or more years’ experience in advanced data analytics/algorithm development/data science
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, Rapidminer, R, Python or similar analytical tools
- Background in analytics in a telecommunications/financial environment preferable
- Proven track record in advanced algorithm development
- 1 to 2 years’ experience, preferably in the financial services sector
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, Data Science Specialist clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 13 July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Related Jobs (33)
Programme Associate SSA-G6 (Climate Risk Management) (123562) on August 7, 2020 Contract
Call for Consultancy Promoting women participation in ASM on August 5, 2020 Consultancy
Field Officer – For Citizens of Zimbabwe and Cambodia on August 5, 2020 Full Time
Youth Saving & Lending Action Research Consultancy on August 5, 2020 Consultancy