The following vacancy has arisen within Group ICT and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill this vacancy. The Database Administrator will organise and manage First Mutual Holdings Limited Group’s data, ensuring that business data is accurate, available and secure.
Reporting to the Infrastructure, Communications & Operations (ICO) Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, developing and implementing database management strategies.
- Developing business models, which will be used for designing data warehouses.
- Analysing and extraction of reports on corporate data to help shape business decisions.
- Performing periodic database and file backups as necessary and lodging them with IT security.
- Establishing the database needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Implementing and Maintaining Data Centre Server Hardware.
- Planning, setting up and maintaining Server Operating systems and Virtual Machine environment.
- Monitoring and improving database integrity, performance and capacity.
- Ensuring that storage is functioning correctly.
- Planning, co-ordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard information in databases
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection and Privacy Acts.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Degree in Computer Information systems (CIS) or Computer science.
- Server Hardware Administration Skills.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) and /or Oracle Certified Professional.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper V and Netapp Storage Management.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft DPM and Veritas Backup software an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in database management.
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs), copies of certificates and Application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent by and not later than 12 August 2020