Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the above named position that has arisen at FBC Holdings, Group IT & MIS
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: (Basic Function)
Contribute towards the organizations’ digital success in delivering growth by helping scale digital initiatives throughout the enterprise by
ensuring databases are up and running smoothly 24/7 by providing a seamless flow of information throughout the Group, considering both
backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Design, installation, maintenance, configuration and support of all FBC Holdings databases
- Monitoring and maintaining FBC Holdings’ database system (health and security)
- Implementing replication to secondary databases
- Designing backup and recovery plans for the databases, and have procedures and processes
- Ensuring database account policy enforcement and management
- Participating in Group’s BCP and DRP activities
- Providing end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Scheduling and performing regular server maintenance
- Creating database management procedures and capacity planning
- Evaluating data analysis models and procedures
- Ensuring efficient data extraction, transformation, and loading
- Ensuring specialised data handling for unstructured data
- Participating in Group’s cross-training program
- Optimize application performance through proactive maintenance (housekeeping).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Oracle Certified Professional a must
- At least 3 years post qualification experience is a must.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Apache Hive and Scala (Kafka, Apache Spark).
- Having the following would be an added advantage:
- MS SQL database experience
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Database Security controls
- Experience in configuring and conducting Database backup and recovery procedures using different tools such as RMAN
- Knowledge of MySQL
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC implementation and Grid Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Linux or Solaris Operating System
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to monitor and tune the database.
- Proficiency in several RDBMS-specific middleware tools and utilities to support such activities as monitoring and database migration.
- Full knowledge of SQL, including programming and ways to optimize SQL code.
- Knowledge of any of high-availability architectures and data warehousing.
- Be proficient in database, programming and modelling (UML) languages
- Be familiar with development methodologies
- Understand business processes
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- A team player who is innovative and analytical.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested applicants that meet the above specifications may submit their applications to Human.Resources@fbc.co.zw by no later than 18
December,2020 clearly marked: Database Administrator, 2020