Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The Database Assistant supports the Data Analyst and Senior Database Officer in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities for ZHI. S/he supports the M&E team in the delivery of sound technical assistance in respective project M&E and provision of wide-ranging technical input in data management processes.
The job is to:
- Support the Senior Database Officer in ZHI M&E and data management processes at national level;
- Ensure that provincial teams adhere to ZHI M&E Quality Management System e.g. data flow (processes and procedures for data flow, collecting forms), and use of the ZHI Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) databases;
- Support the data management, analysis and quality management-related initiative undertaken by SIE officers at the country office and field offices;
- Ensure all relevant project staff can utilize the project database to analyze program information and results;
- Assist Data Analyst in reviewing weekly project performance and providing feedback to the technical team with the guidance of the SDO and DA;
- Assist with backup and recovery of all databases and their management. Take appropriate measures to ensure the security of the data;
- Assist in designing and developing database applications in response to ZHI’s information needs, using MS Excel, Access, DHIS 2, VB and SQL;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bsc/BCOM degree in Information Technology/Geographic Information Systems/Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with at least 1 year relevant experience;
- Basic knowledge and experience in MS Excel, Access, DHIS 2, VB and SQL is required;
- Willing to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Willing to deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
Step 1: Get the application form here
Step 2 : Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered.
Deadline: 21 July 2020