Location: Lupane or Hwange with occasional travel within Amalima Loko operational areas
About CNFA and Amalima Loko
CNFA is a US-based non-profit nongovernmental organization (NGO) that works to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world through five core capabilities: (1) Productivity, Food Security and Nutrition; (2) Input Supply and Farm Services; (3) Economic Resilience and Rapid Recovery; (4) Value Chain Development; and (5) Volunteer Technical Assistance. Amalima Loko is a new USAID-funded 5-year program implemented by CNFA and 5 partner organizations which applies community-driven approaches to improve food security, nutrition, and natural resource management in over 80 communal wards in Matabeland North.
Reporting to the M&E Lead, the Database Assistant will primarily focus managing the Amalima Loko M&E databases for participant and activity data capture, storage, analysis and reporting. The job holder will also focus on ensuring uninterrupted data transmission to the Bulawayo office.
- Implement and maintain a functional M&E database that allows for inputting, storing, retrieval, analysis and reporting at the district and transmission to the Bulawayo office;
- Implement policies and standard operating procedures for data handling and archiving to ensure credible and sustainable M&E databases;
- Coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in M&E database servers against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of the M&E databases;
- Test programs or databases, Flag errors to allow for necessary modifications by the database specialist;
- Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on the M&E databases;
- Act as primary contact to trouble-shoot any problems encountered during implementation of the databases;
- Develop and produce accurate and timely routine and special reports, and data retrievals for staff as needed, and is the point person for managing custom reporting requests.
- Maintain a regular back-up of the electronic databases and scanned copies of beneficiary sign-in forms for receipt of program services or commodities;
- Perform any other relevant functions as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- A relevant first degree or diploma in computer studies or a closely related field;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in designing and implementing database systems for M&E frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Reliable & ethical;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and manage pressure;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat people fairly and equitably.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Ability to speak and understand IsiNdebele and/or other languages spoken in Matabeleland North is preferred.
Qualified candidates, especially women are encouraged to send their applications. To apply please send a cover letter and CV to Amalima.email@example.com with “Database Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline: 10 November 2020 (12 pm)