Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe (German Agro Action) PVO 21/2003 is a consortium member of Livelihoods and Food Security (LFSP) that seeks to develop, sustain and improve food and nutrition security interventions in Gokwe South and Gokwe North Districts. The project is in the last phase of its project life. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the positions below. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions, based in Gokwe and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Database Assistant will be responsible for operationalizing and administering the EXTRA Database through accurate and secure database usage, management and report generation.
The Database Assistant will be expected to :
- Ensure that the Project Data function is operational and well secured, including, supporting the project team in the areas of data gathering planning, in- putting, data analysis and generating reports;
- Specifically ensure that information gathering, synthesis, reflection and reporting processes are undertaken on time and in a participatory manner that is empowering to both project staff and partners;
- Make regular consultations with the MEAL Coordinator;
- Liaise with other EXTRA Officers and work on the EXTRA database software to store, organize and manage data;
- Keep databases up to date daily;
- Help with database design and development;
- Manage database access;
- Design maintenance procedures and putting them into operation;
- Ensuring that databases meet user requirements;
- Liaise with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff so as to improve and maintain high data quality;
- Manage database security/integrity and backup procedures;
- Implement security measures;
- Write reports, documentation and operating manuals;
- Test and modify databases to ensure that they operate reliably;
- Provide user training to data capture clerks, support and feedback;
- Prepare the weekly, monthly and quarterly activity reports that clearly shows progress towards achievement of set project targets in a timely manner;
- Prepare and submit all District EXTRA reports as per request from the supervisors including consortium grant managers.
- Any other duties as allocated by the Head of Project and or his / her delegate.
Qualifications skills and experience
- A Degree in Information Systems ,Computer Science, Database Management, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- At least 1 year experience relevant work experience working with custom made databases in an International NGO;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to build surveys onto digital platforms such as Akvo Flow, Kobo or ODK;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation.
To apply for this position please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to email@example.com stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 June 2020