Reporting directly to the Project Manager and technically to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator, The Database Officer is responsible for Projects database development, administration, data quality monitoring and development of associated reports. The Officer will build capacity of GOAL project staff in database maintenance and manipulation of data.
Responsibility 1: Database Administration
- Assesses database needs in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator/ MEAL Officers
- Develops effective ways to arrange, track and store reporting information for the program in collaboration with Technical Team Leader – MEAL Coordinator
- Develops and creates relational management database systems using object-oriented software programming languages, that is, VB.NET C# (Sharp), SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Updates knowledge of tools used to organize and store data.
- Designs, coordinates, troubleshoot database security systems to safeguard project information.
- Develops new systems to capture new information
- Extracts information from the database and submits to the supervisor as required.
- Sets up a user-friendly database systems structure for organising the data and pre-testing the system to eliminate bugs and errors
- Files and updates static information into the database
- Sets up data storage facilities, back-ups and restoration and ensures the database is secured and protected.
- Develops and formats Program MEAL Data Collection Tools (CommCare), such as beneficiary registration, surveys and output monitoring tools
- Develops and supports mobile application systems for project data collection surveys and monitoring
- Installs, configures and supports server configurations including the Master and Slave Servers, for mobile data collection systems
Responsibility 2: Data Quality Monitoring
- Establishes needs of users and monitors user access and security
- Monitors performance parameters to provide fast query responses to users (PM. MEAL Officers, MEAL Coordinator, DCCs)
- Ensures full functionality of computerised mobile data collection systems and providing support to users
Responsibility 3: Report Writing
- Generates analysis reports from the database and submits to the Technical Team Leader
- Produces reports and reporting tools for MEAL Coordinator and MEAL Officers
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- Degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/Information Systems/Statistics or equivalent
- 3-5 years working experience in database design, data collection, and analysis and reporting or other related field
Get more information and apply online here
Deadline: 26 August 2020