APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED PERSONS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME POST:
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 5 main categories which are:
- Teaching – the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
- University Service and Community engagement – the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty/School and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
- Research – the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University.
- Innovations – leading to tangible products and services
- Industrialisation –through commercialisation of products
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Department of Applied Biosciences and Biotechnology
Post: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor (1 Post)
- First Degree in Biotechnology or related area with at least 2.1 pass.
- Masters Degree in Biotechnology or Molecular Biology or related area;
- PhD in a relevant area will be an added advantage;
- Published research in Biotechnology will be an added advantage
- Teaching experience at a tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate must be capable of supervising both undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research work, assess students on Work Related Learning and should be able to supervise students’ research work and must be able to teach the following modules at undergraduate level;
- Analytical and Laboratory Techniques;
- Gene Structure & Function;
- Recombinant DNA Technology;
Applicants must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar of Human Resource
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
Closing date for applications is Monday, 7 December 2020.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated to.