The Centre for Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Research Zimbabwe (CeSHHAR Zimbabwe) is registered with the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare as a private voluntary organisation (PVO). CeSHHAR houses several HIV prevention and sexual health research and programmatic projects.”Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of funding. This post is only open to individuals with the right to reside and work in Zimbabwe”
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Technical Director is a senior management position working under the leadership of the Chief of Party.
- The (DCOP) directly assists the Chief of Party in programme implementation and management.
- The DCOP shall have complementary technical skills and experience to the COP.
- The DCOP shall report directly to the COP, and will take over leadership and oversight of the project in the absence of the COP.
- The (DCOP) will provide technical leadership programme strategy development, implementation and monitoring;
- Lead the clinical team within the programme in carrying out their roles;
- Maintain good communication and the maintenance of strong relationships with all partners;
- Ensure the work of the programme is effectively documented and disseminated;
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
- At least 8 years specialized experience in supporting technical assistance and/or capacity building for HIV prevention, care and treatment programs including experience;
- Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government and donors at all levels; Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams;
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills working with sex workers (SW) and other key populations;
- Familiarity with USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems;
- Expertise in identifying and adapting best practices to specific programme contexts.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of guidelines. concepts, methodologies and techniques required in the implementation of HIV programs;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and written and oral presentation skills;
- Excellent and demonstrated capacity building skills.
- A degree in medicine
- A Master of Public Health an added advantage.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 July 2020 (4:30pm)
Related Jobs (32)
Programme Associate SSA-G6 (Climate Risk Management) (123562) on August 7, 2020 Contract
Call for Consultancy Promoting women participation in ASM on August 5, 2020 Consultancy
Field Officer – For Citizens of Zimbabwe and Cambodia on August 5, 2020 Full Time
Youth Saving & Lending Action Research Consultancy on August 5, 2020 Consultancy