USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence-based food security information, and analysis. The FEWS NET implementing team includes Chemonics International Inc., which manages the Washington-based technical office and over 20 field offices globally. More information about FEWS NET can be found online at www.fews.net.
The Zimbabwe Deputy Country Representative (DCR) will be responsible for activities in the following areas:
- Efficient, focused food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis
- Effective communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through high-quality reports and participation in briefings and formal and informal meetings
- Close collaboration with key partners, such as host government ministries, UN agencies, and international and local NGOs, among others
- Supporting network development by addressing identified gaps in effective early warning systems
- Project administration and management at the field office level, as designated by the Country Representative (CR) including acting as CR when required.
The Zimbabwe DCR will work with FEWS NET colleagues across the project, as appropriate, to ensure high technical standards and timeliness of FEWS NET products and activities.
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work. The full job description for the Zimbabwe Deputy Country Representative can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies