Background and introduction
A public interest non-governmental organisation which seeks to promote environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector seeks the services of a Consultant in the development of 20 short video blogs (referred to as vlogs) with community members, youths, environmental rights activists on environmental child rights as part of an environmental child rights campaign.
Main objective of the consultancy
The key objective of the consultancy is to produce 20 short video blogs capturing the voices of children, youths and other stakeholders on environmental child rights in the mining sector.
Specific terms of reference
To produce 20 short video blogs capturing the voices of children, youths and other stakeholders on environmental child rights in the mining sector in order to generate evidence on the right to a healthy environment in mining communities to guide child rights-based approach in environmental and natural resources management.
Key deliverables and timelines
Working closely with ZELA children and youths cluster the following deliverables will be expected from the Consultant within 30 days of engagement:
- A schedule of the entire process, indicating timelines for development, production, post-production and packaging of the video blogs;
- A narration script developed to guide the production of the video blogs;
- A narration script developed after production to guide postproduction of the video blogs.
The Consultant will be expected to produce 20 final, reviewed and edited video blogs packaged and delivered in the following formats:
- High resolution format on DVD;
- High resolution electronic storage format;
- Web size format for uploading to online media such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook;
- Mobile size format capable of on mobile applications like WhatsApp.
Suitable applicants should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Film/Video Production, Communications, Journalism, Television Production, Media Arts or related area;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in producing documentaries/videos;
- Previous experience working with children and youths;
- Willingness to submit his/her previous work for reference purposes.
Interested candidates must submit their expression of interest together with the budget and links to previous similar work to firstname.lastname@example.org
No documents shall be received or entertained after the due date and time.
The title of the consultancy should be clearly stated in the email subject.
Deadline: 25 September 2020
Related Jobs (29)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time