Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent DevOps Engineer to join its IS Technical Department.
The role is responsible for providing automation and continuous delivery to the organisation’s new and existing services with particular emphasis on applications and infrastructure, research and trend analysis on technology, including knowledge management support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Troubleshoots production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Analyzes code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Builds and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Ensures that organization wide applications, operations and system performance comply with agreed service standards through conducting routine system checks.
- Provides internal and external auditors with that data and explanations to assist in audit activities.
- Conducts systems test for security, performance, and availability.
- Documents and designs various processes
- Makes recommendations on feasibility of organization wide technical projects
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- A relevant vocational qualification Linux Certification, Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years in code deployment tools, e.g. (Puppet, Ansible and Chef)
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo, Oracle & Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Must have a sound knowledge of Mobile Money, VAS technology, Payment Services and Platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of banking systems like Globus T24 with at least 2 years of hands on operational support.
- Working knowledge of Windows based operating systems & UNIX.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills are important.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position “DevOps Engineer” in the subject line by Thursday, 17 December 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.