Closing Date: 2020/09/22
Reference Number: ECO200918-1
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Company: Cassava Smartech
Reporting To: Service Delivery Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Cassava Smartech is looking for qualified Dev Operations Engineers to join the IS Technical team. The major responsibility of the role is to provide insights through research on new technology trends, optimization, automation and continuous delivery to the organisation’s new and existing services.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A relevant vocational qualification, in programming (Java), Linux Certification, Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
- 4-6 years’ work experience in a related environment;
- Must have a sound knowledge of mobile money, VAS technology, payment services and platforms.
Key Result Areas
- Troubleshoots production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Applies cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) coding skills to deploy upgrades and fixes
- Analyzes code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects write scripts and automation using Python, Ruby, Bash etc
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Continuously reviews, document and update various IS processes to ensure seamless operating systems.
- Interfaces with vendors and internal cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of technical solutions
- Reviews application operational logs in the organisation wide applications and provide reports on performance and optimisation improvements
- Provides input in the development of organization wide applications by providing approved business requirements.
- Conduct systems test for security, performance, and availability
- Collaborate with the team members to improve IS Technical engineering tools, systems, procedures, and data security
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals