Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of DevOps Specialist which has arisen within the Technology Services Department.
To evaluate the completeness, accuracy and optimization of the Bank’s revenue performance in line with set standards.
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Keep track with trends in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) technologies and methodologies.
- Engage with relevant parties to amplify feedback loop by maintaining continuous feedback systems.
- Monitor and validate operational quality characteristics.
- Test architectures by consistently deploying the Chaos Monkey technique.
- Monitor production like systems for development and testing environments.
- Ensuring reduced time for release and deployments.
- Implement tools that increase the percentage of defects detected in testing before production release.
- Ensure design, test and maintain configuration and deployment and delivery tools.
- Track efficient use of hardware infrastructure
- Research on CI/CD tools, release automation and deployment tools.
- Ensure code pushed to Git is not broken or has bugs by employing tools for tracking code quality
- Automate code review with style, quality, security, and test coverage checks
- Provides Second Level Support and interconnect Development and Operational teams
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Honors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Informatics.
- At least 2 Software Development/Deployment/Quality Certifications.
- Practical Knowledge of DevOps values, practices and principles.
- Sound knowledge of ALDO (Agile, Lean and DevOps.).
- At least 2 years’ experience in Software Development and System Support.
- Experience with Nginx and or SSL configurations.
- Experience with RDBMS Systems and Jbase Databases.
- Experience with ISO 8583 Messages.
- Experience with Maven build artefacts.
- Experience with Fintech technologies and Banking Systems e.g. T24, Postilion Switch System integration / application rationalization/standardization.
- Strong 00 design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ Spring)
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology (Scrum, Continuous Integration, and etc.)
- Hands-on Agile development is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of REST, GraphQL and SOAR
- 2+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Thorough understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or similar technologies
- Proficiency in Linux environment.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team • Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience with AWS/EC2, or other cloud services
- Hadoop, HBase, and/or MapReduce experience
- Experience with Play framework
- Understand, experience, or desire to learn Node.js
- Experience on source code version control systems GIT/Stash.
- Experience on build and integration tools including Jenkins, auto deployment tools
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to email@example.com with the title, DevOps Specialist clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 13 July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Related Jobs (10)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time