Duration: 6 Month Contract
Gateway Zimbabwe is an associative formation of organizations working together on social cohesion and community engagement to contribute to re-weaving and enlivening the social fabric of Zimbabwe. Our aim is to help nurture healthy and sustainable communities. Gateway is an integrated set of program elements (multi-stakeholder convenings, leadership fellowship, and innovation) built upon a set of foundational design principles that enable and foster emergence and self-organization.
The Digital Content Creator researches, develops and delivers content ideas in a variety of digital formats and platforms, including online and social media, to maximise Gateway Zimbabwe’s engagement with its key audiences and stakeholders locally and globally. This includes creating original digital media and editing footage to accompany reports, posts and documents for the website and social media accounts, as well as internal channels to a high standard. A key brand ambassador, the Digital Content Creator will work closely with the Programs Associate and Communications Associate to produce and maintain an interactive and digital presence that amplifies the learning journey of Gateway Zimbabwe and the emphasis on giving primacy to local knowledge and resourcefulness.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma or degree qualification in visual arts;
- Proficiency in using Adobe Suite and/ Corel, iMovie and other relevant graphic and visual programs;
- Proven experience (portfolio) in content creation, to a high standard and to agreed deadlines;
- Consistent record in generating innovative ideas – and of original approaches and treatment for existing materials;
- Experience of adapting material for various purposes, to maximise impact;
- Experience using a variety of platforms and formats, including online, social media native formats and newsletters;
- Outstanding storytelling abilities, creating engaging content;
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality pieces;
- Creative approach to problem solving;
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, inside and outside of the organization;
- Planning and organisation skills; capable of dealing with several projects at a time, prioritising effectively;
- Flexibility and adaptability, particularly in the face of changing priorities and circumstances
Email a one page expression of interest and attach your portfolio, profile and CV with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 20 March 2020
Related Jobs (11)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time