This is a Re-Advert. Those who applied before can re-apply
Applications are being invited from suitably qualified members for the following vacancy that has risen in the Commission.
Post Tittle: Director Competitiveness
Reports to: Executive Director
This position requires a highly experienced and a mature professional who will work with the Executive Director, the Board and associated stakeholders in shaping the economic landscape of Industry across all sectors and increase global competitiveness of Zimbabwe, its products and services.
- Coordination and implementation of key income and pricing policies that will enhance Zimbabwe’s competitiveness;
- Undertaking detailed research on issues of Competitiveness that will enhance Zimbabwe’s Competitiveness;
- Undertaking research and maintaining a comprehensive national statistical database for use in the analysis of competitiveness across all sectors of the economy;
- Reviewing business regulations to ascertain their impact on the cost of doing business and recommending adjustments thereof;
- Identifying, verifying and monitoring cost drivers in the business and economic environment and advise on measures to enhance productivity
- Identifying sectors of the Zimbabwean economy with potential for global competitiveness, assess short comings and recommend way forward;
- Compiling an annual bench marking report on competitiveness to be called the National Competitiveness Report;
- Liaising with government departments, development partners, academia private sector, and other relevant organisations on competitiveness;
- Managing the Commission’s Secretariat and assigned work streams in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Mobilising support for business competitiveness across all sectors
- Producing annually a well researched Zimbabwe Competitiveness benchmarking report focusing on the key parameters for regional and global market and FDI competitiveness.
- Develop a comprehensive, up to date Zimbabwean economy cost drivers matrix.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive, up to date cost driver matrix by sector and produce a quarterly report on sectors with potential for regional and global competitiveness in the context of domestic, regional and continental industrialisation agenda.
- Produce quarterly a benchmarking report on ease of doing business report.
- Formulate the Commission’s annual and strategic plans for Executive Director approval.
- Facilitate successful implementation of plans and achieve set targets within the approved budget.
- Implement a system of performance appraisal to ensure focus on and delivery of KRAs.
- Implement programs that facilitate dialogue and interface between the commission and its key stakeholders within and outside Zimbabwe.
- Mobilise resources to facilitate the smooth operations of the NCC
- A good first degree in Economics or a Social Science discipline A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Economic Research work.
- Results driven and ability to relate with various stakeholders at all levels.
- At least 3 years’ experience in strategy formulation and implementation in the public or private sector
- Conceptual knowledge of policy making at enterprise level.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A competitive remuneration and benefit package commensurate with deliverables will be on offer to the right candidate
If interested and qualified, send an electronic application together with detailed CV to: email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman Administration and Human Recourses Committee
National Competitiveness Commission
In the interest of public health, please note that no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to via e-mail.
Closing slate: 22 May, 2020
Related Jobs (27)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time