HEAD OFFICE ( MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND CHILD CARE)
RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF DIRECTOR PREVENTIVE SERVICES
DEADLINE: 24 April 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide national leadership, coordination and management of Reproductive, Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and nutrition programs.
- Coordinate the development of strategic documents for RMNCAH and Nutrition programs and ensuring that they are up to date.
- Coordinate the trainings in the RMHCAH and Nutrition programmes.
- Responsible for ensuring that these programs efficiently and effectively complement each other as well as interacting with other units and departments
- In close coordination with program officers and PMDs, directs and manages the planning of all the four programs and ensure their implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, appropriateness and quality of RMHCAH and Nutrition service delivery methods, standards, protocols and operational procedures; identifying opportunities for improvement and taking appropriate action.
- Links MoHCC with academics with special interests in program areas.
- Development and administration of the departmental budget: mobilize resources, approve & monitor expenditures; implement budget adjustments as necessary.
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure effective and efficient utilization of essential resources.
- Provide administrative, managerial, technical and professional advice, leadership and direction in the area of RMHCAH and Nutrition services to the department and stakeholders.
- Ensure and promote inter-departmental/ministerial collaboration as well as participation at national, regional and international events.
- Promote and initiate relevant operational research.
- Contributing to general health sector policy formulation, review and planning process.
- Prepare departmental monthly, quarterly, annual & other plans and reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB degree or its equivalent
- A post graduate qualification in Paediatrics or Public Health.
- Specialist Registration With MDPCZ
- At least two years’ experience at a grade of Deputy Director Family Health or its equivalent such as PMCHO, PEDCO, DMO.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by Cover letter, detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 24 April 2020 to:
The Executive Director,
Health Service Board,
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104 Avondale,