Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancy of Director General which has arisen within the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) established in terms of the Money Laundering and Proceeds of Crime Act [Chapter 9:24] (the Act).
- Developing and deploying strategy for the Financial Intelligence Unit in line with national and international standards.
- Providing strategic leadership to the Unit and ensuring effective delivery of results as provided for and envisaged by the law.
- Overseeing the production of Strategic and Operational Analysis of information gathered from financial and designated non-financial institutions.
- Engaging with key stakeholders including Law Enforcement Agencies and other competent authorities for the purpose of combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Ensuring compliance with the Act in the collection and maintenance of data and statistics relating to the implementation of anti — money laundering and combating of financing of terrorism.
- Ensuring that a robust Enterprise Risk Management Framework for the Financial Intelligence Unit is in place and fully implemented.
- Ensuring an effective Performance Management System is in place to drive the strategy of the Unit.
- Ensuring an adequate Budget is drawn and approved and ensuring that adequate budgetary controls are in place.
- Ensuring the Unit maintains and achieves stakeholder engagement with key stakeholders nationally and internationally
- Ensuring high levels of confidentiality are maintained for the Unit as provided for in the Act.
- Ensure that the unit performs any other function as conferred or imposed by the Act or any other law, policy or regulation.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Experience or qualification in economics, banking, accounting,
law or other profession relevant to combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Master’s degree or a professional qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience of which 5 should be at Senior Management Level.
Skills & Competences
- Strategic Foresight.
- Good knowledge of banking practices in Africa and beyond.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, governments and international organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely
Applications clearly marked DIRECTOR GENERAL FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT accompanied by detailed CVs should be submitted not later than 28 April 2020 to:
Human Resources and Support Services,
Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe,
80 Samora Machel Avenue
Or Email : email@example.com