RESPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF DIRECTOR, CURATIVE SERVICES
DEADLINE: 24 April 2020
The Director Nursing Services is responsible and accountable for the overall direction of national nursing and midwifery services. These responsibilities include planning, organising, directing, managing, coordinating and overseeing all activities and operations of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of nursing and midwifery services policies, strategies, goals, objectives, rules and regulations and periodically reviews the relevance and adequacy of the same and take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, appropriateness and quality of nursing service delivery methods, standards, protocols and operational procedures; identifying opportunities for improvement and taking appropriate action.
- Ensures that all nursing activities in the Ministry of Health and Child Care comply with nursing council and other applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates the development of and adherence to the codes of professional conduct and scope of professional practice for nursing and midwifery.
- Providing effective leadership to nursing, midwifery and community nursing profession and maintaining a close relationship with professional statutory bodies, professional associations and relevant NGOs.
- Development and administration of the departmental budget through mobilisation of resources, approving and monitoring expenditures and implementing budget adjustments where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining systems that ensure effective and efficient utilization of essential resources to the benefit of clients.
- Providing administrative, managerial, technical, professional advice, leadership and direction in the area of nursing and midwifery services to the department and stakeholders.
- Managing, administering and coordinating the recruitment, training and retention of the nursing health workforce.
- Ensuring that staff in nursing services is adequately prepared and skilled to effectively contribute to the Ministry’s objectives in collaboration with other departments and Training Institutions.
- Supporting and supervising different nursing disciplines in public health institutions
- Promoting inter-departmental/ministerial collaboration as well as participation at national, regional and international events.
- Participating and contributing to general health sector policy planning, formulation and review process.
- Preparing departmental monthly, quarterly, annual and other plans and reports.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- A basic qualification in the Nursing profession and a Masters degree in the Nursing profession are a must.
- Appropriate Post basic qualifications in clinical, community nursing or nurse education is essential.
- A PhD in the Nursing profession will be an added advantage.
Prospective candidates will be subjected to mandatory psychometric tests.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by Cover letter, detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 24 April 2020 to:
The Executive Director,
Health Service Board,
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104 Avondale,
Related Jobs (9)
Consultant for Developing a PC for TB Training Manual on November 24, 2020 Consultancy
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time