The primary role of the Dispatch Manager is to oversee all Dispatch & Warehousing activities of table eggs & processed chicken.
The Dispatch Manager is responsible for managing the warehousing and dispatch of processed chicken and table eggs sales as per set budget & KPIs.
Responsible for ensuring that table eggs & processed chicken warehouses are stocked to avoid stockout & as per SOPs
- Receives main distributor/customer requirements (Pacman) weekly and ensures Pacman is fulfilled at daily Production meetings
- Oversees daily despatch quantities with Dispatch Supervisor.
- Uses data to manage the day to day operations & make decisions with the Sales Executive.
- Checks frozen products & frozen Warehouse with Frozen Stock Controller & Fridgeman Foreman daily to assess that all products have been stored as per SOPs.
- Checks table eggs warehouse with Egg Stock Controller daily to assess that all products have been stored as per SOPs.
- Follows up on all NC issues raised during daily check with Stock Controllers.
- Participates in stocktakes to ensure all monthly stocktakes are performed as per SOPs.
- Responsible for the efficient use & maintenance of all allocated assets including vehicles, office and facility premises & equipment.
- Attends all meetings as per meeting schedule.
- Number of NC.
- Stock level.
Responsible for managing all Dispatch activities of table eggs & processed chickens.
- Plans & manages daily truck availability and randomly checks drivers’ checklist.
- Uses tracking randomly to check truck movements .
- Follows up on all truck maintenance & repairs.
- Maintains and keeps relevant database up to date.
- Authorizes payroll inputs, requisition for new labour & leave days.
- Authorizes all requisitions from Central Stores.
- Follows up on all QA NC issues and closes case within reasonable timeframe.
Responsible for leading, managing & developing a high performing Dispatch team aligned with Company HR Policy, Values & Behaviours.
- Ensures that the whole team understands, applies & commits to the Company Values, Team Behaviours & Code of Conduct.
- Must be a role model for our values and behaviours.
- Manages by walkabouts, is action driven and leads by example.
- Ensures individual goals & KPI’s / targets are set for each team member aligned with company’s strategic goals.
- Drives the performance management process including performance reviews, coaching, training & disciplinary action to ensure optimal performance.
- Identifies training needs & supports career development opportunities within the team.
- Drives a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Effectively resolves any conflict in a professional, measured & timely manner.
- Reviews, updates & approves SOPs with designated team members, Internal Audit & QA.
- Ensures 100% compliance with SOPs.
- Ensures all company reporting deadlines are met.
- Completed all team member performance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Customer service.
- Warehouse management.
- Minimum 10 years experience.
- Experience in overseeing employees.
- Experience in the food production industry advantageous.
Interested and suitably qualified and experienced candidates to send through their CVs to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.