Southern Alliance for Indigenous Resources (SAFIRE)
Duty Station: Buhera
A vacancy has arisen for a SIDA grant for Climate Adaption for Rural Livelihoods project for District Coordinator/Business Development and Marketing. A SIDA funded grant titled ‘Climate Adaptation for Rural Livelihoods (CARL) in Zimbabwe. The goal of the project is to improve the well-being of Zimbabwe’s rural population and reduce poverty and food insecurity in the face of climate change.
This job is needed to provide project coordination and supervision of the SIDA project, Climate Adaptation in Rural Livelihoods (CARL) in Buhera District as well as overall business development and marketing technical support in order to ensure viability and sustenance of community based financial services and enterprises.
The District Coordinator/Business and Marketing Development Officer will be expected to:
- Lead in all aspects of the project implementation in the Buhera District as outlined in the project document and inception report;
- Supervise and effectively manage the performance of project Field Assistants in the assigned area;
- Link and collaborate with partners at district level to strengthen the capacity of grass root ward level staff involved in facilitating community empowerment and capacity building;
- Provide technical support in collaboration with relevant partners to improve climate resilient agricultural practices (conservation agriculture, agroforestry, beekeeping, water harvesting, nutrition gardening, seed multiplication etc.) in an integrated manner;
- Promote innovative approaches to climate change adaptation and Support feasibility assessment to explore the market and economic viability of different rural financial models and produce donor reports.
The District Coordinator/Business and Marketing Development Officer must have:
- A BSc in any of the following: Economics, Agricultural Economics, or Business Studies;
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience after graduation with experience in community development work, statistical analysis, and enterprise development as an added advantage.
To apply for the position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 March 2020