Position Title: District Facilitator
Location: Mutare and Bulawayo
Supervisor: Program Assistant
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in six priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, and Mutare. Under FHI360’s the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive curriculum on HIV prevention, gender norms and social asset building targeted at AGYW in school, out of school and their sexual partners at community level. The core package of interventions consists of social asset building, social protection, family and caregiver skills building, community norms activities that are complemented by provision of youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
The District Facilitator (DF) who is based at the district Office, reporting to the District Program Officer (DPO) or Program Assistant. The DF will support the DPO/PA to implement program activities that entail identifying, mobilizing and recruiting adolescent girls and young women into clubs. The DF will support and supervise Out of School (OOS) Club Supervisors and Facilitators to deliver a Health for Life (H4L) Out of School Package according to program guidelines. The DF will also directly support program monitoring through tracking targets and mobilizing program data
- Supports the DPO/PA and the FHI 360 sub- partner to implement program activities in designated districts
- Supports OOS Club Supervisors (CS) and Facilitators (CF) identify, mobilize and recruit AGYW into clubs
- Ensure program quality through use of program standard operating procedures and guides in clubs
- Supervise and mentor CS and CF in delivering Health for Life Out of School Package
- Supporting FHI360 sub-partner to implement the OOS Club sessions, ensuring that sessions meet program quality standards.
- Directly supports program monitoring through tracking weekly targets and mobilizing project data.
- Drafts project reports, as required.
- Do any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and requirements:
- Social Science degree or related qualifications in education, adult education, social work, health promotions, community development.
- Diploma and experience as a DREAMS Club Facilitator/supervisor an added advantage.
- Experience in mobilizing and engaging girls and young women.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.