About the organization
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Finance Assistant, based in Bulawayo. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for 9 months from 01 January to 30 September 2021 and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position is meant to ensure the safe custody of cash for the DREAMS program and efficient distribution of the same. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Officer.
- Capturing transactions into Acumatica system;
- Maintenance of cash on hand and petty cash;
- Disbursing cash for various programmatic and administration purposes;
- Preparation of daily cash usage reports and projected cash payments reports;
- Assisting in preparation of monthly actual expenditure reports (invoice to the funder) and reports of projected expenditure (monthly projections document);
- Doing daily cash withdrawals from the bank;
- Assisting in preparation of bank and other reconciliations;
- Filing reports and any other relevant documents;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree in Accounting;
- Knowledge and experience with Acumatica Accounting Software will be an added advantage;
- At least 1-year experience in accounting.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the below mentioned address:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 November 2020.