About the organization
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of DREAMS Program Coordinator, based in Bulawayo. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for one year and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on support and monitoring of the organisation’s clinical and coordination work to support the National HIV Prevention strategies. He/she will be based at Zim-TTECH Bulawayo office and will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- Supervising provincial and district seconded staff in the organization’s supported districts by providing technical support in implementation of the DREAMS program;
- Identifying training needs, developing Standard Operating Procedures, job aides, and conducting on –the- job training, coaching and guidance on quality improvement on DREAMS related services including use of national M&E tools, in line with program direction and MoHCC guidelines and roll out plan;
- Identifying and mobilizing additional clinical resources/resource persons to support provincial and district seconded staff either directly at site or during provincial review meetings in collaboration with the Senior Program Manager and in consultation with MoHCC structures;
- Coordinating and participating in relevant stakeholder and TWG meetings e.g. DREAMS review meetings, Provincial HIV/TB related meetings, PHT, DHT and other relevant coordination meetings and participating in CDC organized assessments, evaluating corrective action planning and re-assessment processes for selected sites and ensuring timeous submission of reports to CDC;
- Identifying, networking and collaborating with other CBOs in the provinces;
- Identifying, documenting and sharing program success stories and best practices within the DREAMS program;
- Analysing program data to come up with data supported program performance improvement interventions;
- Developing, tracking and reporting on program progress, outputs, and outcomes consistent with adopted logic models and indicators;
- Facilitating the consolidation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports and supporting Zim-TTECH staff in completing reports submitted to in-country donors, such as CDC and to HQ;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas; Nursing; Social Work; and health related background and have valid registration and practicing certificate with at least five (5) years’ experience in HIV/TB program activities, experience with the DREAMS program will be an added advantage;
- Post graduate training in Public Health, Project Management, or any other relevant postgraduate training;
- Relevant training in clinical management of HIV such as Counselling, Rapid HIV testing, Family Planning, Gender-based violence management, PrEP and STI management;
- Experience working with key and vulnerable populations such as adolescents and young people, orphans and YWSS;
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively in a demanding environment with willingness to travel extensively within and outside the province;
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision making, interpersonal communication, report writing and presentation skills with fluency in English and ability to speak other local languages like Shona and Ndebele and be able to ;
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet;
- Hands-on experience working with MoHCC systems, USG funded programs, CDC and other implementing partners’ programs will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, program design, strategic planning, program coordination, implementation and evaluation
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to email@example.com or to the below mentioned address:-
The Human Resources Officer
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24 September 2020
Related Jobs (36)
Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Matabeleland South) on October 27, 2020 Volunteer
Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Specialist- DREAMS on October 27, 2020 Full Time