Station: Gwanda, Lupane and Bulawayo Districts
Contract Period: June 2020 to August 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating a UNICEF funded project on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Response to COVID-19 in Health Care Facilities in Mat South and North Provinces. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking qualified 3 Drivers for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
The Driver will be responsible for providing efficient, reliable and safe driving services; additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Driver will be responsible for:
- Complying with the Zimbabwe Highway Code and organizations policies on driving at all times;
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance services are carried out in accordance with set service schedules and checklist duly signed and completed;
- Undertake all repair work assigned to meet set standards in readiness for travel and continuously monitor condition of each vehicle assigned to and promptly report to the Logistics Officer in case of any damages, accidents and incidents.
- Minimum ‘O” level qualifications with at least 5 passes;
- Must possess Valid Class 4 Driving Licence;
- Defensive driving certificate;
- At least 4 years’ driving experience working for a humanitarian organization; Mechanic qualification and experience an added advantage.
- Fluency and proficiency in isiNdebele are an added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Short listing done on a rolling basis