A local NGO in Makonde District is inviting applications for the post of Economic Strengthening Officer.
Capacitate vulnerable households with orphaned and vulnerable children to become economically empowered to sustainably meet important household needs.
- Develop economic strengthening initiatives targeting individual households and group livelihood projects;
- Train community volunteers on economic strengthening initiatives including productive assets creation activities, income generating projects and provide technical oversight for group based internal savings and lending schemes (ISALs);
- Capacitate households engaged in income generating projects on Business management and facilitate the establishment of market linkages;
- Track ISAL groups’ performance and document impact in improving household resilience/economic stability;
- Collaborate with relevant Government departments, NGOs and other stakeholders in the districts for the support of economic strengthening initiatives.
- Mainstream Health, Child protection, Gender and Environmental issues into project work;
- Assist in conducting baseline surveys and appropriate project research;
- Develop data collection and monitoring tools, conduct routine data collection and analysis for reporting;
- Document project impact, compile monthly and quarterly reports;
- Be familiar with the SAVIX system for monitoring savings groups’ performance;
- Have experience in adolescent/youth empowerment programs;
- Experience in proposal writing is desirable;
- Experience in USAID funded programs is a plus.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Agriculture/ livelihoods/ business studies or related field;
- At least three years’ experience in an NGO environment and a year in government experience in livelihoods programming;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to train and motivate communities;
- Effective community mobiliser, team player, trainer, leader, documenter, innovative and good communicator.
- Ability to ride a motorbike and a clean class 4 vehicle with a minimum 3 years’ experience.
How to apply
Prospective candidates meeting the requirements and with demonstrated relevant experience should submit their application together with a detailed CV, electronically to: email@example.com
Deadline: 13 November 2020