Duty Station: Karoi; Beitbridge; Gwanda; Mangwe; Makoni; Chipinge; Bulawayo;Gweru
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and under direct supervision of the Clinic Managers, the Clinic Clerk will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assigning and recording clients new record numbers;
- Verify existing client record numbers;
- Cleaning, stocking and supplying designated facility areas;
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities;
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects;
- Notify management of occurring clinic deficiencies or needs for repair;
- Stock and maintain supply rooms;
- Cooperate with the rest of the team;
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Experience working in a reproductive research environment and working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) is an added advantage;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours as required.
Sex Workers are encouraged to apply.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner;
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies;
- Must have at least 1 O’Level subject;
- A mature person who is well organized;
- Fluent in English, Shona or Ndebele;
- Must be a Sex Worker.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV and application at the nearest Sisters Static Clinics to Site Managers below:
- Harare Mbare Hostels Clinic
Site Manager: Alice Mpete
- Karoi District Hospital
Site Manager: Fortunate Mahachi
- Chirundu Wellness Centre
Site Manager: Joyce Mazaiwana
- Mucheke Clinic Masvingo
Site Manager: Patricia Mandisarisa
- Sakubva Clinic Mutare
Site Manager: Anna Chingonzoh
- Forbes Wellness Centre Mutare
Site Manager: Beauty Dhliwayo
- Khami Clinic-Old Khami Road Bulawayo
Site Manager: Phumulani Maphosa
- Beitbridge Wellness Centre
Site Nurse: Debra Chigwanha
- Victoria Falls Wellness Centre
Site Manager: Susan Mavhunga
- McFadden Farm Clinic Gweru
Site Manager: Vonai Matadi
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 November 2020 (4:30pm)