Salary (full time): $28,566 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 3 months
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 22 November 2020
Interview date: 26 November 2020
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide.
We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none. We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis. Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
The post-holder works within the International Programme and is key to providing support to the humanitarian response to Cyclone IDAI Emergency in Zimbabwe, reporting to the Senior Emergency Officer. The post-holder works with partner organizations providing assistance to ensure the emergency response is coordinated effectively in line with Christian Aid’s country strategy and humanitarian policies and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Partners are prepared to respond and deliver high quality emergency programmes in line with Core Humanitarian Standards;
- Project resources and activities delivered within budget and timeframe and projects delivered to the highest standards in line with the country, divisional and organizational strategy through effective support to the programme team;
- Partners’ goals and objectives successfully supported through capacity building, best practice guidance and good working relationships.
- Humanitarian and financial policies and procedures complied with, in particular, reporting requirements for CA and DEC Appeals and institutional donors;
- Positive relationships maintained and developed with local implementing partners and other stakeholders present in the field through effective communication and coordination; Document, report on and participate in all appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms;
- Ensure inclusion, gender and accountability to affected populations are embedded in the response both in Christian Aid and in partner organizations;
- Support coordinated accurate, timely, and effective reporting in line with CA internal processes and procedures.
- All receipts, reports and other documentation from Partners accurately recorded in programme management systems and filed both manually and electronically;
- Effective and efficient administrative systems and procedures, including support in collating and compiling financial reports, in accordance with Christian Aid’s framework, implemented within the office to support staff;
- Support in developing Sitreps and other internal information sharing materials as appropriate.
- Degree or equivalent in development studies, humanitarian response, or similar;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Previous experience of supporting the delivery of high-quality reports to institutional donors;
- Relevant experience of working through partnership to deliver high quality emergency project / programmes;
- Understanding of partnership approach to emergency work and experience of working with local partners;
- Experience of working under own initiative with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Must have experience of developing and implementing best practice and capacity building partners;
- Knowledge and experience on the application of CHS, Safeguarding principles, Sphere, and the Red Cross Code of Conduct;
- Must have experience of data collection and reporting (including basic financial reporting) and good organizational ability;
- Must have a knowledge of the country context and an understanding of how the international development sector operates;
- Professional experience living and working in Zimbabwe.
Further information: The successful candidate should be able to start immediately. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in Zimbabwe where this position is based. The incumbent must be a permanent resident of Zimbabwe.
Contract terms: Contract is fixed term for a period of 3 months.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
Please access the full application package and apply online here.
CVs will not be accepted. For enquiries regarding this vacancy, email zimbabwe-Jobs@christian-aid.org
Offered Salary$28,566 Salary (full time)
Related Jobs (39)
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Protection and Accountability Officer (Bulawayo / Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Individual Consultant – Evaluation of UNCC:Learn project in Zimbabwe on November 29, 2020 Consultancy
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract