Action Aid Zimbabwe seeks to engage services of a skilled evaluation consultant to undertake final external evaluation of its three-year project, funded by Actionaid UK. The overall aim of the project was to empower girls in Zimbabwe to overcome barriers in accessing education and protect them from abuse. The project started in January 2017 and ended in March 2020. It was implemented in Nyanga district in Manicaland province in Zimbabwe.
Roles and key deliverables
The consultant(s) will be expected to deliver the following:
- An evaluation work plan, including planned timeline, methodology/ approach, planned stakeholders to be consulted and sampling framework, data collection and analysis tools;
- Presentation of preliminary findings;
- Draft evaluation report and final evaluation report
Qualifications and experience required
The consultant or team must have the following experience and skills:
- At least a master’s degree, in any social science, preferably including gender, youth, livelihoods, evaluation or social research;
- Proven experience in evaluations, including 3 years of working experience in carrying out evaluations;
- Demonstrated understanding of the child protection, education and livelihoods sector;
- Good understanding of Zimbabwe, particularly rural contexts within Zimbabwe;
- Ability to produce well written, analytical reports in English essential;
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
Get the full TORS here: https://www.dropbox.com/…/Empowering%20Girls%20End%20of%20P…
Consultant/consulting teams are required to submit expression of interest including the following:
- A narrative/technical proposal (max 5 pages),
- A financial proposal indicating fees for the consultancy and cost per activity,
- CVs of consultant(s) who will work on the assignment and at least contacts of three referees who can vouch for the quality of your previous work.
Completed bids must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to: email@example.com on with heading EMPOWERING GIRLS END OF PROJECT EVALUATION CONSULTANT.
Given the spread of COVID-19 across the globe, no hard copies will be accepted.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short-listed consultants.
Deadline: 17 July 2020 (5pm)
Related Jobs (24)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time