Two women’s rights organizations have been carrying out a 3-year project on movement building for political accountability. The aim of the project was to build and develop political accountability to women and women rights by women as citizens from women in political parties, independent commissions and political parties. To this end the project sought to mobilise, engage, educate, coordinate and enhance women’s access to participation and influence of governance spaces and processes. Some of the expected outcomes included increase in the number of women in decision making positions, women influencing public policy at local and national level, the prioritization of women issues and a responsive leadership. The campaign involved engagement of women to boost their confidence and participate as active community members and decision makers. It also promoted dialogue between women politicians and women in communities and government officials to deliberate on pertinent issues that affect women’s enjoyment of their rights and holding public office holders accountable at local level. Women also influenced national processes such as elections and the proposed legislation such the Marriage Bill and the Constitution Amendment no 2. It is against this background that organizations seek to engage a consultant to conduct an end of project evaluation.
Tasks and Deliverables
The consultant is expected to deliver the following:
- Conduct an evaluation process that measures relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of the campaign;
- Provide an inception Report (which Includes work plan, timeline and methodology- feminist research principles are to be incorporated);
- Tasks to be carried out include: Desk study review of project documentation – including proposal, annual reports, progress reports and other relevant project material;
- Conduct interviews and focus group discussions with project beneficiaries and staff – physical/virtual to fill information gaps or verification of desk research;
- Stakeholders to be consulted: Direct project beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders such as community leaders and government representatives in Mutoko, Mutare, Gweru and Masvingo as well as organizational staff;
- Submit preliminary findings and the draft evaluation report to the organizations for review and comments within the stipulated time;
- Final Evaluation Report.
Consultant Qualifications and Skills Requirements
The consultant must have:
- A degree in Social Science or related field preferably gender, development studies or monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated understanding of civil society work in Zimbabwe;
- Proven working experience in evaluations of at least 4 years;
- Experience in evaluation of women’s rights related projects or related work;
- Ability to produce well written, analytical reports in English
Technical/narrative and Financial proposals not exceeding 6 pages should be submitted to the lead organization including:
- A 3 paged resume with three traceable referees.
- Samples of similar work done previously should be submitted.
The complete bidding proposal documents should be submitted to email@example.com clearly marked “PROPOSAL FOR CONDUCTING END OF PROJECT EVALUATION FOR THE MOVEMENT BUILDING CAMPAIGN”
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 days from the closing date.
Deadline: 21 August 2020 (COB)