Business Unit: ABC Stockbroking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: ABC Stockbroking
Vacancy Manager: Managing Director-ABC Stockbroking
Purpose of the job
To build a key universe that covers companies on the Zimbabwe, Sub Saharan, East and West African stock ,Global Exchanges and to compile research notes that are timely distributed.
Main Focus Areas
- Participate in formulation of the research desk strategy to cover Zimbabwe, Sub Sahara , rest of Africa and leading Global markets
- Monthly/Weekly/Quarterly reporting for the Company
- Coming up with comprehensive reports on African and Global Capital Markets
- Coming up with valuation paper on listed companies using the relevant valuation techniques.
- Initiation of coverage on listed companies
- Analysis of Equities performance on the ZSE and Global markets
- Producing Weekly market equities report
- Attending to company analyst briefing and producing reports soon after
- Producing transaction specific research notes (rights issue, merger etc)
- Coming up with the Top ten Picks at any given time , on the ZSE and other markets.
- Coming up with the annual forecast for the top 20 companies on the ZSE by market cap
- Writing a market overview report on all markets (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Fundamental and technical analysis on the market and giving the indicators
- Conducting company visits and coming up with reports on the company visited
- Financial Modelling for listed entities being researched on
- Managing the information database for the research desk.
- Participate in the investment committee to guide on the market performance
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or closely related field.
- CFA or a post graduate course in investment management is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly attentive to detail
- Have experience in Global markets with traceable references
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Power Point and familiarity with EViews, PC Give or Stata
- Strong analytical aptitude including familiarity with data analysis tools
- High energy, self-motivated, creative
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize and be organized
- Good writing and communication skills
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of ZSE and Global markets a must,
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Equities Research Analyst” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 15 July 2020 @ 1630hrs.