The African Forum and Network on Debt and Development (AFRODAD), a Pan-African regional organisation working on debt and development issues in Africa, seeks to recruit an Executive Director for the organization.
The Executive Director functions as the Chief Executive Officer of the organisation and is responsible for the implementation of policies set by the Board of Trustees. He/she reports to the Board of Trustees.
Duty Station: Applicant Country of Residence
- A PhD or a Masters Degree in Monetary Economics, Development Studies, Policy analysis, Public Finance or International Finance, or Social Science with 5/10 years executive experience respectively;
- Worked in the NGO sector for a minimum of 5 years in a senior position;
- Must possess high analytical capacity and excellent writing skills (in English). Experience with drafting documents, such as Policy Briefs, Project plans and Reports; and grant agreements;
- Experience and ability to engage in high level policy spaces;
- Must have excellent inter-personal communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to speak French and/or Portuguese will be an advantage;
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should forward their applications accompanied by CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AFRODAD is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.