Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The External Legal Counsel is expected to provide advice on a broad range of legal issues. The firm/ will be responsible for handling all legal responsibilities of the organisation. The Counsel is also responsible for providing support in legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and coming up with remedies for the relevant legal issues.
Scope of Work
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters;
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions and other legal documents;
- Be actively involved in preparing different policies and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions;
- Occasionally support the disciplinary process including analyzing cases and attending staff disciplinary hearings;
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information;
- Assist in reviewing the legal documentation of the organisation and to identify the most important issues that need to be attended to on a priority basis;
- Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor its implementation;
- Promote legal and risk knowledge management within ZHI, through correspondence and training;
- Support risk management of ZHI’s work;
- Manage occasional litigation; Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses;
- Legal support for ZHI’s use of trademarks and copyright;
- Promote legal and risk knowledge management within ZHI through correspondence and training.
The individuals in the firm who are expected to be executing this assignment should be:
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in law or any other relevant field and registered with the Law Society of Zimbabwe;
- A Master’s Degree is preferred;
- At least 7 years of experience as a legal advisor firm in Zimbabwe;
- Deep knowledge of Zimbabwe legislation; Ability to research and analyse legal documents and cases to offer sound legal advice;
- Strong understanding of the following is required: Litigation, Taxation, Contract/ Commercial law, Employment /Labour law, Intellectual Property law, Arbitration, General Legal Advice;
- Experience of dealing with donor funded organisation in the area of governance, advocacy, campaigns and media is preferred;
- Knowledge of charity law
Submit your CV and application letter via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
Application should include:
- Costs proposal – hourly rate including taxes. List of similarly placed clients and the services they have provided to such clients;
- Tax Clearance Certificate;
- CV of individuals who are expected to be engaged into this task;
- Demonstration of experience in the areas of law for which ZHI requires services as stated above;
- Certificate of Good standing from the Law Society of Zimbabwe;
- Firms profile setting out its team members, areas of law they provide services in;
- Cover letter, including general information about the bidder, in particular data on the general number of qualified staff to fulfil the set task;
- Professional Indemnity cover;
- At least 3 traceable references.
Only firms who meet the requirements indicated above will be informed about the results of their application review.
Deadline: 11 August 2020