Our client in Uganda is seeking to recruit a farm manager to oversee activities at the farm and with good business sense to join our team.
- The ideal candidate should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- This will include playing a leading role in internal and external project reporting, financial management, partner management, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, outputs and impacts, and ensuring that all stakeholders at the project area are fully engaged.
- The post-holder will be based in Nwoya district at the farm.
- The successful candidates will be solely responsible for planning, supervising and implementing farm plans.
- Responsible for all field operations which include ploughing, planting, weeding and harvesting of crops.
- Planning for resources required on the farm.
- Develop budgets for owners.
- Supervising labor on the farm for various field activities.
- Assisting scientists to set up their experiment.
- Keeping proper farm inventories and farm records.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of buildings, machinery and other resources.
- Ensuring proper storage and sale of excess of farm produce.
- Monitoring and inspecting cultivated fields to determine maturity of crops and to estimate potential yields or crop damage from the weather, pests or disease.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, agribusiness or equivalent.
- 10 years working experience in farm management.
- Additional courses in project planning and management preferred.
Urgently apply if you are interested and attach your CV in word format to: email@example.com
A generous salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Related Jobs (8)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time