Applications are invited to fill-in the above position which has arisen within the company. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Technical Officer and will be responsible for the following:
- Design, plan, implement and maintain fibre-optic infrastructure.
- Plan optical fibre paths and produce maps and drawings.
- Desktop surveys and report viability of customer connection
- Data modelling, building map and database environment.
- Fibre optic infrastructure that provide clients with core network that is reliable with high Performance connections.
- Ensure network designs are future-proof and documented according to industry standards.
- Generate BOMs and project Implementation documentation to guide fibre-installation projects Ina timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with forecasting CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects.
- Maintain fibre network inventory.
- Supervise fibre network installation and support teams to ensure quick, quality, reliable and cost-effective fibre installation.
- Project manage fibre installation projects.
- Advise on the latest technological trends for the business to capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Manage fault resolutions of fibre network.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in Engineering and/or relevant studies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Network planning experience is essential.
- Fibre planning and designing experience.
- Civil route planning.
- Analytical, detail oriented and high level of flexibility.
- Understanding of national authority regulations in respect to civil works.
- Knowledge of lit fibre services such as FTTH methodologies and design
- Strong project management and reporting capabilities.
- Knowledge and experience of Fibre Optics in a Telecoms environment.
- Understanding of PON and Full Fibre networks.
Applications clearly marked Fibre Planner, accompanied by a detailed CV should be sent by no later than Friday, 28 October 2020 to email@example.com
Related Jobs (50)
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Protection and Accountability Officer (Bulawayo / Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time
Individual Consultant – Evaluation of UNCC:Learn project in Zimbabwe on November 29, 2020 Consultancy