Contract duration: 12 months
BIO-HUB Trust (BHT)seeks a suitable, qualified and motivated candidate to fill the vacancy of a Field Officer in Beitbridge District. The Trust is part of a Consortium being led by IRC under the PROGRESS project, and funded by UNDP for the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF).BHT is a regional platform developed locally by a consortium of expertise dedicated to biodiversity conservation and people’s livelihoods and addresses research, capacity building, policy, communication and dissemination and project implementation.The organisation seeks to recruit an outstanding candidate who is known for his or her excellence, professionalism, integrity and committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations Beitbridge District as a Field Officer.
District work profiles
The work will include establishing viable NTFP (Non Timber Forest Products) value chains for the following NTFPs: marula, baobab, mopane worm and indigenous vegetables. The work will also include promoting fodder production for livestock improvement. This will seek to improve animal husbandry techniques.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensure effective implementation of the planned activities;
- Design, develop and provide necessary training for target communities;
- Promote sustainable value chain development for target communities;
- Work closely with local leadership and ward level stakeholders for improved project delivery;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly plans for effective execution of the project activities;
- Generate monthly and quarterly project reports on activities;
- Participate in periodic program level meetings and related activities;
- Assist in the capture of monitoring and evaluation data;
- Maintain good relations with project beneficiaries, partners and stakeholders;
- Represent BIO-HUB Trust at field level.
Required skills and qualifications
- Diploma, Higher National Diploma or First degree in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Environmental Science, Development studies or other related disciplines;
- At least 3 years working experience;
- Sensitive to gender and other social issues;
- Good teamwork abilities;
- Proactive in problem solving;
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Proficiency in speaking Venda is a must.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting detailed CVs with a minimum of 3 contactable referees and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
BHT gives equal opportunity through promoting gender, equity and diversity, hence female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. As part of fighting corruption, BHT does not, and will never solicit money for its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. It will not be responsible for such fraudulent recruitment activity. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 4 December 2020