Overview / Objectives of the position:
The incumbent’s primary responsibilities are centred around promotion of mechanized agriculture among communities and include community and stakeholder sensitization and mobilization. S/he will also be responsible for facilitating selection, registration and training of farmers participating in demo plots. The incumbent should be able to coordinate and work with Agritex ensuring project activities are achieved within agreed timeframes, budgets and according to GOAL’s standards and donor regulations.
Responsibility 1: Registration and Project Initiation
- Registration and verification of farmers to participate in the Mechanized CA activities
- Mobilize participants to attend meetings through the community leadership structures.
- Identify demonstration sites together with AGRITEX and communities and prepare the necessary acquisition documents.
Responsibility 2: Monitoring of Demo Sites
- Closely work with the MEAL Officer and other relevant technical extension staff in monitoring quality of works at the demo sites.
- Establish rapport with key technical and local community stakeholders in monitoring project sites at ward and district level.
- Work with farmers to promote mechanized agriculture, good agricultural practices such as correct fertilizer application and placement, mulching, crop rotations, varietal selection, disease control, climate smart farming.
- Promote linkages with private sector for access to inputs and after sale extension services.
- Distribute all project inputs to the project beneficiaries on time and ensure that project documents are filed properly.
Responsibility 3: Trainings and Capacity Building
- Organise and participate in all project training activities and workshops conducted in the area of operation.
- Facilitating trainings on climate smart agriculture, conservation farming, fall armyworm management, Gender and Social Behaviour Change, Postharvest Handling, fodder production to improve living standards of the project participants to support and improve their income generating activities.
- Conduct field days and other open learning platforms that encourage interactive learning among farmers.
Responsibility 4: Reporting
- Prepare training reports.
- Contribute towards weekly and monthly reports on project progress
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- Diploma or degree in Agriculture; Natural Resources Management or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in agricultural extension or related field
- Experience in conservation farming, climate smart agriculture and participatory farmers learning platforms.
- Evidence of maturity and experience in working in community development programmes.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities of gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Able and willing to ride a motorcycle.
- Adaptability &Flexibility
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Ethics & Integrity
- Influencing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
Get more information and apply online here
Deadline: 26 August 2020