The incumbent will largely be responsible for the development of productive Food for Assets (FFA) sites and include community and stakeholder sensitization and mobilization, facilitate selection, formation and training of community management structures including Project Implementation Teams, Asset Management Committees, Garden Committees, establish linkages with other projects, ensure sustained community participation, facilitate implementation of sustainable systems and structures and report on progress.
Responsibility 1: Registration and Project Initiation
- Registration and verification of beneficiary households to participate in food/cash for assets/activities
- Mobilize the ward/community targeted for Food for Assets interventions to attend meetings through the community leadership structures.
- Prepare project approval documents for selected sites, maintain workers registers and spearhead day-to-day implementation and monitoring of scheduled work at the selected sites
- Prepare MOU and social contracts for each selected project sites
Responsibility 2: Monitoring of FFA works
- Closely work with the Project Engineer and relevant technical extension staff in monitoring quality of works at the FFA sites.
- Establish rapport with key technical and local community stakeholders in monitoring project sites at ward and district level.
- Work with farmers to be allocated irrigated plots to promote robust horticultural production, integrated pest management practices, application of appropriate pre and post-harvest handling, support links to markets for surplus horticultural produce/market driven production.
- Promote watershed management activities via monitoring and implementation of catchment management works and ensure that the program beneficiaries are practicing good agricultural practices and techniques
- Distribute all project inputs to the project beneficiaries on time and ensure that project documents are filed properly.
Responsibility 3: Trainings and Capacity Building
- Organise and participate in all project training activities and workshops conducted in the area of operation
- Facilitating trainings on Village Savings and Lending Scheme (VSAL), Beekeeping, Gender and Social Behaviour Change, Postharvest Handling, Conservation Techniques, Poultry keeping to improve living standards of the project participants to support and improve their income generating activities and micro-business activities.
Responsibility 4: Reporting
- Prepare project phase completion reports, cash distribution reports and maintain site NFI inventories.
- Contribute towards weekly and monthly reports on FFA progress
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- Degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering; Natural Resources Management; Agriculture or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in community projects in construction, engineering, agriculture or related field
- Experience in watershed management; climate smart agriculture
- Evidence of maturity and experience in working in community development programmes.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming activities of gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Adaptability &Flexibility
- Accountability & Dependability
- Attention to Detail
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Ethics & Integrity
- Influencing Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
Get more information and apply online here
Deadline: 26 August 2020