Duty Station: Gokwe North District
ADRA is implementing various projects through-out the country and seeks to recruit for the above position.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Zimbabwe is a local humanitarian NGO of the Seventh-day Adventist Church working in Zimbabwe for over 40 years. It is part of the network within over 130 countries in the world. ADRA Zimbabwe believes that: through its humanitarian acts, we make known the just, merciful, and loving character of God; Non-discrimination and respect for differences, accepting people as equals, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, political and religious affiliation enrich the communities in which we work and are assets to be respected and affirmed.
Gokwe North Food Security and Agricultural Response 2 (Go-FAR 2)project proposes to address the food insecurity and WASH needs in Gokwe North through Agriculture/Food Security; Economic Recovery and Market Systems; and Water Sanitation & Health activities that are focused on securing a safe water supply for target communities and hygiene promotion/training for affected communities.
Highly qualified and experienced individual who will work with different stakeholders in the District to successfully implement project objectives. S/he will have wide practical experience in total livestock management, livestock feed formulation, rangeland restoration & management; animal health and output & input market linkages.
Competencies and Experience
- University degree in one of the disciplines of agriculture majoring in Animal Sciences;
- Veterinary Sciences, or other relevant fields. Candidates with a requisite diploma in animal science coupled with at least 10 years’ relevant experience in implementing livestock programs will also be considered;
- Experience in small livestock animal husbandry, animal breeding (specifically goats and indigenous chickens), animal health management, feed formulation, setting up livestock demo housing and linking livestock groups to input and output markets;
- Designing total livestock management material and imparting effective training in partnership with relevant (VET and Agritex) government officials at district level;
- Ability to work with research student(s) to set up research project and document research findings on small livestock production & management initiatives;
- Demonstrated capacity to write management and donor reports and maintaining records;
- Good working knowledge of Government structures and engagement for project implementation;
- Experience in and working knowledge of Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS);
- Experience in managing livestock initiatives for OFDA funded projects would be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the Development/ NGO sector and understanding of USAID or other international donor agency requirements;
- High level people skills, ability to build relationships with ability to identify, communicate with stakeholders on the field and office(s);
- Clean Class 3/4 Driving Licence/ Motorcycle riding experience required.
Candidates meeting the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a detailed CV (including Skype address) that includes the names and email addresses of 3 traceable references.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for, e.g. “LIVESTOCK FIELD OFFICER” in the email Subject line. Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
ADRA Zimbabwe is a Child friendly organisation, and it will be assumed that all applicants consent to relevant checks to determine suitability working in such environments
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.