Duty Station: Chikomba -Field Position
Reports to: WASH Technical Support Officer (WTSO)
Contract Period: 12 Months
A Private Voluntary Organisation is seeking applications for the following position on contract basis to be based in Chikomba.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
This is in anticipation for funding for a WASH project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- The Field Officer will assist the WTSO in the day-to-day management and implementation of the WASH software and Hardware Constructions of the project:
- Assist on all construction- and rehabilitation- related measures regarding water supply systems and sanitary facilities.
- Assist to carry out capacity development activities for improved sanitation and hygiene.
- S/he will ensure that activities and reporting are completed within the allocated time frame, and to the quality standards and implementation mechanism stipulated in the project proposal, logical framework and in accordance with the project work plan, approved designs, professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process,
- Knowledge in WASH PHHE activities, water supply and sanitation supply systems, knowledge of building regulations and standards as they apply to latrine construction and maintenance, experience in minor construction works and maintenance of a variety of buildings, infrastructure and related Water facilities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in engineering, environmental health, community development, social sciences or relevant field, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
Technical specific knowledge:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in comparable positions;
- Experience in community mobilization and participation;
- The Holder of this Position will be using a Motorcycle
- Class 3 and or 4 with; clean drivers licence good driving and riding;
- Fully computer literate with professional knowledge of spreadsheets application software including Microsoft Excel and Word and statistical analytical skills.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution towards Humanity and building a better world and match the profile outlined, submit your application and CV on email@example.com
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. This
Organisation is committed to retention, diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply
The Organisation does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Deadline: 29 June 2020
Related Jobs (32)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract