Station: Binga District
Contract Period: July 2020 – December 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating an OFDA funded emergency access to water, hygiene and sanitation response project in Binga District, Matabeleland North. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking five (5) qualified candidates for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
The Field Officer is expected to:
- Oversee tasks related to the selection of the beneficiaries;
- Support implementation of activities;
- Monitoring activities;
- Communication with counterparts involved in the project preparation, implementation and evaluation in accordance with the existing regulation of Zimbabwe and Donor requirements.
- Implement health and hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context and ensuring the technical and social aspects of WASH programming are integrated;
- Promote community participation in all WASH activities and provide regular updates to the supervisor;
- Monitor and evaluate activities in the communities as per donor and organizational guidelines;
- Coordinate with Local Authorities and Government line ministries at field level in project areas in ensuring that WASH interventions are well structured and articulated to appropriate target population;
- Identify and conduct trainings at ward level;
- Enhance exit strategies for interventions in programming as an assurance of sustainability of the project after the phase-out and ensure that organizational goals, vision and the mission statement are clearly understood.
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health or Social Science related field;
- 2 years of experience in WASH interventions in the humanitarian sector;
- Ability to work in rural conditions
- Should possess a valid class 3 drivers’ licence.
- Post graduate Diploma in Water and Sanitation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak the local language is an added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 April 2020 (COB)
Related Jobs (24)
District Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer on September 21, 2020 Full Time
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy