- Provide on-site installation of systems, maintenance, troubleshooting and training to ensure a smooth and rapid start-up for customers.
- Provide support to the customer during the evaluation and validation process
- Monitor sites and provide trainings (system, software, reagents and connectivity) as and when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record information related to installations, training, customer support and follow-up in SFDC as well as market intelligence data and reporting to the country programme manager
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive attitude and actions to optimize system performance
- Conduct proactively preventive maintenance and modifications, reactive repairs and installations and de-installations, in a timely, productive, and cost-effective way
- Interpret customers’ needs and take responsibility for problem resolution amongst other functions liaising with the customer on administrative and technical matters
- Manage all aspects of field support, which is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up
- Spares management including stock levels
- Diploma Engineering or Biology, Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Molecular Biology an advantage
- Experience working with various KOL’s within Zimbabwe is desirable
- Local language knowledge such as Shona and Ndebele desirable
- Results driven and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to achieve measurable goals
- Knowledge of diagnostic market
- Experience working in Africa is an advantage
- Expertise with generating commercial leads
- Experience with customer base within territory a plus
- Strengths in networking and relationship development
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Integrates with the sales team in planning and executing business growth strategy
- Networks with the scientific community to grow the business
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.