Job Advert Number: 2/2020
Position: Finance & Administration
Report To: Program Coordinator
Contract Duration: 24 months (Starting May 2020)
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) has over 95 years of experience in empowering communities to overcome poverty as a global development entity through empowering the rural poor in Africa and Asia. Our strategy is delivered through innovative approaches that are integrated, people-centred and sustainable in the areas of resilient livelihoods and education. IIRR is registered in the USA with Headquarters in the Philippines. We have strong anti-poverty programs in eight (8) countries in Eastern and Southern Africa in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan and Zimbabwe and Southeast Asia; the Philippines, Cambodia and Myanmar. IIRR has started operating in Zimbabwe since 2012. Our current programs focus on food security and resilient livelihoods, education for poor marginalized communities and applied learning, which include community managed disaster risk reduction. IIRR is seeking an experienced and competent Finance and Administration Officer to support the Program Coordinator with office work.
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties categorized by either financial or administrative support including front desk customer service, posting the daily receipts, preparing deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements. Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting, funding program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained. Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties, such as word processing, meeting minute taking, scanning and photocopying.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greets guests and clients
- Takes messages and helps direct inquiries
- Shares responsibility for maintaining a tidy and appropriately front reception area
- Keeps equipment, money or books safe when unattended
- Takes messages and communicates efficiently
- Is a support or assistant to all facets of business
- File systems development and maintenance
- Funding program support to Program Coordinator
- Schedule management for funding programs, deadlines and report initiation
- Word processing, minute taking, photocopying, scanning, etc.
- Leads office and kitchen supply management and inventory controls
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
- Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problem
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws and reporting requirements
- Performs other duties as required.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting and/or Business Administration program
- At least 3 years working experience doing similar duties
- Effective writing skills
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Self starter
- Confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Ethics and Integrity
If you are interested and qualify for this job, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 April 2020
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (19)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time